What To Shred
The number of documents that should be properly shredded when being disposed of is immense — that’s why we’ve compiled a list of potentially vulnerable documents for you. This list is not exhaustive however, so it is important to consider thoroughly on your own which documents ought to be destroyed for your protection.
Businesses in Baltimore should especially have a detailed list of all documents that required shredding and regularly review with employees the policies and practices in place that describe how these documents should be handled. Lastly, store any materials that required shredding in a safe and secure place until your shredding service provider can take care of your needs.
Why Take a Chance? Shred It.
- Accounting Records
- A/R and A/P printouts
- Bank Statements
- Unused Checks
- Customer Lists
- Credit Card Statements and Receipt
- Any document containing employee addresses or personal information
- Training Manuals
- Outdated Medical Records
- Payroll Documents
- Personnel Issues
Legal Documents and Documentation
- Expired Contracts or Legal Documents
- Insurance Agency Records
- Legal Correspondence
- Customer Lists
- Prospect Lists
- Drafts of Sales Strategies
- Proprietary Data
- Purchase Orders
- Supplier Lists
- Corporate Records
- Procurement Requests
Hard Drives and Electronic Media Devices
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks, and magnetic tapes
- PC hard drives
- Optical media, including CD’s and DVD’s
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive, and memory sticks
- Embedded flash on boards and devices, including motherboards and peripheral cards such as network adapters or any other adapter containing non-volatile flash memory
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Biomedical devices such as physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
Get FREE Quotes on Shredding Services in Baltimore and the Greater Maryland Area Today!
Don’t run the risk of exposing yourself, your family, or your business to harm. Whether it’s on site shredding, off site shredding, or hard drive shredding, Baltimore Document Shredding is ready to connect you to a network of providers with secure, fast, and reliable services that empower your ability to protect yourself from criminals. Please fill out the form to your left to get started, or call us at (410) 741-3557 for more information. You’ll receive a free, no-hassle quote and be well on your way to being protected!